Thursday, February 19, 2009

Northfield & Uridge Families

Chart 5: Thomas & Mary Uridge née ? who lived in Buxted, Sussex between 1759 and 1803This information relates to Chart 5: Thomas & Mary Uridge née ? who lived in Buxted, Sussex between 1759 and 1803.

Northfield & Uridge Families c1938Earlier this week after including the information on John George & Minnie Louisa Northfield née Uridge, I searched the photographs and documents provided by Kathleen Uridge, previously mentioned in a blog two years ago, titled Kathleen Uridge's Collection. I came across a photograph that I guessed might be the Northfield family.










Kathleen confirmed today that it was this family. She wrote:

The back row from left to right - George (who was the youngest), Elizabeth (Betty), Winnie and my father (Minnies brother). At the bottom -me with Joan (daughter of Betty husband Thomas Moore) and my mother Daisy Uridge.

It's so good to put names against faces. Brings to life a photograph taken 70 years ago. Makes family history so enjoyable.