You may have noticed that there has not been any website updates for sometime. I have had a technically challenging couple of months! Not only has the website been plagued with a problem with malware, but I have had major problems with my hardware.
I use a desktop when working at home, and a laptop when travelling. Unfortunately in October my desktop went wrong, after several previous malfunctions I decided it was time to have a new desktop. I purchased a new latest technology high specification desktop. This meant I would be using Windows Vista with a 64-bit processor. I tried to install all the software I use for family history, however experienced several problems due to the 64-bit processor. This includes the software used to update the website. I perservered with this time-consuming task. When I was almost finished, the desktop developed a major fault and had to be returned to the manufacturer.
Whilst waiting for the repair to the desktop I used my laptop. Unfortunately one morning I switched on my laptop only to find the harddisk has gone wrong.
Fortunately most of the information is backed up and retrievable. However, it has been a slow process, I trust you understand. Normal service will now be resumed.