Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Descendants of Thomas & Barbara Haysman née Uridge

Nancy Harris wrote to me today from Ontario, Canada. She is the great-great-great granddaughter of Thomas & Barbara Haysman née Uridge. She writes:

This Thomas is my g.g.g.grandfather. His daughter Rebecca is my g.g.grandmother. I have the entire family history as this is my family, but only from this Thomas on. ... I believe the name is Haysman, as most of the later generations are using this name. Thomas is listed at age 79 living with my g.g.grandmother, Rebecca, and the name is a bit hard to make out, but when blown up you can see it. I have found all the members of the family using IGI but have found around 12 different spellings of the name.

Nancy shares a common ancestor with Chris Burns, and that coincidently Chris lives only about an hour away from her, on the same street that Nancy's cousin, also a Haysman decendent, lived on during his childhood up until he left home after finishing university. Just goes to show what a small world it is.