Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Philip H. Dorland (1949-2016)

Philip Henry Dorland
(1949-2016)
Today I heard the very sad news that yesterday Phil Dorland lost his year-long battle with leukemia. 

We had been corresponding since July 2003. He was an avid family historian. 

He was a descendant of George Robert Uridge who was born on 10 August 1842 in the Isle of Grain, Hoo, Kent, England. George immigrated to America, and married Julia Caroline Tremaine in 1867 in Detroit. 

His family tree is detailed in Chart 13: Descendancy Chart for George Robert & Julia C. Uridge née Tremaine, and the much larger Chart 4: Descendancy Chart for William & Elizabeth Uridge née ? who lived in Meopham, Kent in the early 1700s.

My thoughts go out to his family. I will miss him. Although we were not knowingly related, it was such a pleasure to know him. He helped me so much with the URIDGE one-name study. 

R.I.P. Phil