Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Descendants of Henry & Ansley Uridge née Killick

Chart 6: John & Rebecca Uridge née Jeff lived in Buxted, Sussex in the 1750sThis information relates to Chart 6: John & Rebecca Uridge née Jeff lived in Buxted, Sussex in the 1750s.

Today I received a very interesting e-mail from Robert Smith of Sydney. He writes:

My research leads me to believe I'm related to Sophia Uridge who married George Smyth. I also think Sophia's brother Henry Uridge married George's sister Elizabeth Smyth. It's interesting to note that in the 1841 Census, Eliza Uridge age 20 Dressmaker was living with Sophia and children nr. the Clappers, Barcombe Cross, Sussex. Presumably this was Eliza was Sophia's niece.

Robert also provided a detailed 4-generation narrative on the descendants of Henry & Elizabeth Uridge née Smyth, and George & Sophia Smyth née Uridge.

Robert's well documented information will be included in the database, and subsequently on the website in the future.